PARADE---Check-in early at the American Legion, 304 Elm St, Monticello, 55362
Parade starts at NOON sharp; Rain or Shine
OTHER EVENTS---Directly following the parade: from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm in Ellison Park
The Parade Route
The parade starts on 3rd Street at the Monticello American Legion Club and heads East to Walnut Street. Then it will take a right on Walnut Street and head South until 6th Street. The Parade takes a right on 6th Street and heads West to Minnesota Street where it turns South and ends on 7th Street. The parade will not cross Highway 25. (Parade units will end up near the area where they lined up.)
ALL OTHER EVENTS---Following parade are at Ellison Park, 811 River St E, Monticello 55362
Live music, concessions, beer, duck drop, and more!
Business: $175 (price per unit)
Politician: $175 (price per unit)
Monticello Chamber Members $75 (price per unit)
Non-Profit Organization $25
1. Include a short description with your entry to be read while you pass by the MC’s (6th Street and Walnut)
2. All entries must furnish their own transportation and keep the parade moving
3. Any float over 50’ long must supply two spotters for safety, semis need 4 spotters
4. No loudspeakers, except for the music relevant to that entry. (Music must be family friendly) This must not be so loud as to interfere with other entries.
5. Parade position will be determined by the parade committee in the order in which the completed application is received.
6. Wrapped candy may be thrown. Be careful of children running into the street to retrieve.
7. Failure to be at the parade starting point on time forfeits the entries parade rights, no refunds will be given
8. The parade committee reserves the right to determine other rules and procedures beneficial to the total parade.
9. No water may be squirted during any portion of the parade.
10. Absolutely NO selling of concessions or other items along the parade route before, during or after the parade.
11. Please refrain from smoking on the parade route
12. Use caution when bringing dogs into the parade route. Asphalt is very hot and can burn their paws.
➢ Parade lineup is at 11:00 am at the Monticello American Legion (304 Elm Street, Monticello) ➢ See parade official there for your unit placement.
➢ For further information, call the Monticello Chamber (763) 295-2700 (Mon-Thurs 9am-3 pm; Fri 8am-noon) Parade begins at 12:00 p.m. SHARP!
PARADE FEE MUST BE INCLUDED WITH REGISTRATION FORM IN ORDER TO RESERVE PLACEMENT IN PARADE LINE UP.
PARADE APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 2022
An Additional $25 for any entry received after June 30, 2022! (Also, deadline to be included on electronic program)
LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR THE PARADE IS JULY 8, 2022.
Cash or Checks Only: Checks written to: RIVERFEST COMMITTEE
MAIL TO: PO Box 192, Monticello, MN 55362; Fax (763) 295-2705 or SCAN to email@example.com