PARADE---Check-in early at the American Legion, 304 Elm St, Monticello, 55362
Parade starts at NOON sharp, Rain or Shine
The Parade Route
The parade starts on 3rd Street at the Monticello American Legion Club and heads East to Walnut Street. Then it will take a right on Walnut Street and head South until 6th Street. The Parade takes a right on 6th Street and heads West to Minnesota Street where it turns South and ends on 7th Street. The parade will not cross Highway 25. (Parade units will end up near the area where they lined up.)
NEW IN 2023: ALL OTHER EVENTS---Following the parade, head over to the parking lot behind the Monticello Community Center. FOOD AND DRINK SALES WILL BEGIN AT 11AM.
Live music, concessions, beer, Citizen of the Year presentation and the Royal Ambassador Coronation!
Registration is closed for 2023!
Business: $180 (price per unit)
Politician: $180 (price per unit)
Monticello Chamber Members $80 (price per unit)
Non-Profit Organization $25
LATE FEE: $25
Registration is closed for 2023! See you on the parade route!
Please make parade entry checks payable to the RIVERFEST COMMITTEE
1. Include a short description with your entry to be read while you pass by the MC’s (6th Street and Walnut)
2. All entries must furnish their own transportation and keep the parade moving
3. Any float over 50’ long must supply two spotters for safety, semis need 4 spotters
4. No loudspeakers, except for the music relevant to that entry. (Music must be family friendly) This must not be so loud as to interfere with other entries.
5. Parade position will be determined by the parade committee in the order in which the completed application is received.
6. Wrapped candy may be thrown. Be careful of children running into the street to retrieve.
7. Failure to be at the parade starting point on time forfeits the entries parade rights, no refunds will be given
8. The parade committee reserves the right to determine other rules and procedures beneficial to the total parade.
9. No water may be squirted during any portion of the parade.
10. Absolutely NO selling of concessions or other items along the parade route before, during or after the parade.
11. Please refrain from smoking on the parade route
12. Use caution when bringing dogs into the parade route. Asphalt is very hot and can burn their paws.
➢ Parade lineup is at 11:00 am at the Monticello American Legion (304 Elm Street, Monticello) ➢ See parade official there for your unit placement.
➢ For further information, call the Monticello Chamber (763) 295-2700 (Mon-Thurs 9am-3 pm; Fri 8am-noon) Parade begins at 12:00 p.m. SHARP!
PARADE FEE MUST BE INCLUDED WITH REGISTRATION FORM IN ORDER TO RESERVE PLACEMENT IN PARADE LINE UP.
PARADE APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, JUNE 30, 2023, to avoid a late fee.
An Additional $25 for any entry received after June 30, 2023! (Also, deadline to be included on electronic program)
LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR THE PARADE IS JULY 7, 2023. REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2023!
Cash or Checks Only: Checks written to: RIVERFEST COMMITTEE
MAIL TO: PO Box 192, Monticello, MN 55362; Fax (763) 295-2705 or SCAN to email@example.com